At October’s Triathlon England South Central AGM, a new committee was voted in with Lee Rhodes elected as chair.
The regional committee’s key roles are to develop triathlon in the region and represent the region’s members nationally, with the chair responsible for overseeing the committee to support members.
The full committee is:
• Chair - Lee Rhodes (Bayside Tri Club)
• Treasurer - Laurel Dibden
• Secretary - Clare Lawrence (Bicester Tri Club)
• TE Council Rep - Ronnie Parker (Andover Tri Club)
• Junior Series Coordinator - Gary Cooper (Chapel Tri Junior Triathlon Club)
• Junior Series Coordinator - Hester Pollock (Beachborough Triathlon Club)
• Senior Series Coordinator - Kelly Wickens (Southampton Tri Club)
• Academy Lead - Scott Murray (Synergie Coaching)
• Technical Coordinator - Bex Stubbings (Chiltern Tri Club)
• Para Triathlon Coordinator - Bex Stubbings (Chiltern Tri Club)
• Comms and Website Coordinator - Rosie Davies (BRAT)
• Welfare Coordinator - Di Murray (Synergie Coaching)
Rhodes said: “Our plans for 2021 revolve very much around reconnecting with clubs in the region, raising our profile with local clubs and actively engaging to see where best we can support clubs, coaches, athletes and volunteers . As well as reconnecting with clubs, we are looking to support them with funding requests, prioritising the requests that support Triathlon England’s strategic plan for More Participants, Great Clubs, Growing Membership and Developing Athletes. One additional area that the committee will be looking at is the introduction of a TESC Junior Working Group, looking to harness the enthusiasm, commitment and great ideas of our junior athletes to benefit all of the region. After all, the future of our sport is very much in their hands.”