Courses for the East Region will go live during July. These will include L1 and L2 Courses taking place within or close to the region. There will also be L2 diplomas taking place in neighbouring regions throughout 2019 and 2020.
Jump to: Level 1 Triathlon Coach | Level 2 Triathlon Coach | Level 2 Dipolma
Level 1 Triathlon Coach
Updated for 2016, this qualification will allow coaches to deliver sessions independently. Accessible to all learners, an understanding of triathlon is useful but not essential.
Course content includes
- Safety in coaching triathlon activities.
- Preparing sessions for delivery.
- Develop key coaching and technical skills.
Learners will have access to an online resource, Learning Hub, with the technical components of the sport across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
- 3-day course.
- A blend of Practical delivery, e-learning and group discussion and a short assessment.
- Between 10-14 hours of home study learning and assessment tasks via Learning Hub.
- Qualified Coaches can prepare, deliver (independently), review safe and effective sessions in a range of controlled environments.
Level 2 Triathlon Coach
Fully updated in 2016, with new learner resources, online assessment and innovative delivery methods on course to give coaches an engaging learning experience.
This course is accessible to learners who hold a Level 1 triathlon coaching qualification or who have experience of coaching and meet the direct entry requirements.
- Understanding and analysing athletes.
- Planning a series of sessions.
- Working with a range of ages, abilities and aspirations.
- Coaching safety including open water swimming.
- 5 days course.
- The initial 4 days will focus on practical delivery.
- The final day will include assessment, personal review and action planning with your course tutor.
- 40-60 hours of home study work (e-learning and assessment).
Qualified Level 2 coaches can plan, lead and evaluate coaching sessions and blocks of progressive sessions. They can work in a wider range of environments including coaching in Open Water.
Level 2 Dipolma
The course is spread over 2 days over a period of 6-9 months consisting of:
- 2 full learning days.
- Online assessment
In addition 30-50 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre-course work (allow 2-4 hours).
- Planning task (approx 30- 45 mins between days 1 & 2)
- Planning and delivery of a 12-week athlete programme
- Completion of online tasks.
- Review of online learning resource.
What will I learn?
- The 1:1 coaching model
- Understanding the Elements of Individual performance
- Selecting Athlete’s (The “chemistry match”)
- Athlete Profiling
- Contracting & Consultation Process
- Creating & Developing an Effective Long-term Plan
- Change Management
- Coaching Business Modelling
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
For more details on these courses please visit British Triathlon Coaching