British Triathlon have a new course open to its coaches, activators, leaders and other club roles looking to develop their knowledge and confidence encouraging more disabled people to take part in swim, bike and run sessions. This engaging and informative online workshop, facilitated by experienced tutors, is designed to equip coaches, activators, and leaders with the knowledge and skills necessary to create an inclusive and supportive environment for people with disabilities.
Pre-requisites and Eligibility Criteria
While the content is designed for Coaches, Leaders and Activators, other club roles such as a Club Welfare Officer may find the workshop useful too.
What will I learn?
- Begin to develop an understanding of the needs of disabled people.
- Understand the factors that affect participation.
- Understand how to create an inclusive triathlon club environment to engage and enthuse disabled people.
- Understand how to create sessions and adapt activities that are inclusive for participants with specific disability considerations including:
- Visual impairment.
- Hearing impairment.
- Physical condition.
- Cognitive impairment.
- Mental health.
- Be familiar with how assistive devices, equipment and venues can support inclusive activities and session for participants.
- Understand a variety of ways to effectively communicate with all participants and supporters.
- Consider how to promote inclusive sessions.
3-hour online workshop.
There is no formal assessment, but learners are expected to complete the full course.
The Including Disabled People in Triathlon course is endorsed by CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity), meaning our course maps to the Working Inclusively (working with disabled people standard). On completion, you will receive 3 CPD points which you can use to maintain or upgrade your professional status. To find out more, click here.
Online Courses - £30
Face-to-Face Courses - £35
Find A Course