We have teamed up with Street Games to put on this workshop to help coaches and those club volunteers working with young triathletes spot signs of children with mental issues.
Mental health is just as important to our overall wellbeing as physical health, in some cases more so, yet we tend to pay far less attention to it. The mental health of young people is particularly important. Half of all long-term mental illness in adulthood starts by 15 and three quarters by 18.
Coaches and those that work with children can do a great deal to prevent this, without being experts.
We train to give physical first aid without hesitation – so why not mental first aid too? This course will give you the confidence to act when you spot a club member in dfficulty.
What Is It About?
Learners will explore the most common mental health conditions experienced by young people and discover what coaches and club volunteers can do to prevent and/or intervene when needed. This short ‘Lite’ version provides a taster of the content for the ‘Full’ course.
Learners will be able to:
- challenge the discrimination surrounding mental health
- define mental health & common issues
- relate to other people's experiences
- look after their own mental health
- protect a young person who may be at risk
- spot the signs of mental health issues in young people
- give help, support and guidance to any young person who needs it
Who Is It For?
Volunteers and coaches
5 March 2019
YHA St Pancras, 79-81 Euston Road, London, Greater London, NW1 2QE
BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE
If you'd like to discuss this further contact Jon Train email: firstname.lastname@example.org