Triathlon England, as a responsible sport National Governing Body, believes all affiliated clubs with junior members should achieve the minimum standard of TriMark Club Bronze.
At the end of 2017 it was agreed and communicated that all clubs with juniors should have achieved this standard by the end of 2018 in time for club affiliation 2019. Local Regional Managers are available to support all clubs in achieving TriMark Club Bronze.
- Is your club a safe place for young triathletes to enjoy their sport?
- Does your club provide a high quality structured coaching programme?
The answer to the above of course is yes – we just want to know about it. As the guardians of your club you know that the above statements are true but out of duty of care we want to know this too. TriMark Club Bronze is designed to help your club achieve this and recognise your club for upholding its high standards.
As juniors (those under 18 years of age) are at a vulnerable stage of their lives it is important for clubs to have the right safeguarding protocols in place. As such we have a collective responsibility to ensure that all those taking part in our sport do so in the safest and best environment possible. TriMark Club Accreditation is Triathlon’s way of demonstrating a club has the right protocols and measures in place.
An outline of the TriMark Club Bronze criteria for clubs with juniors:
- The club committee can demonstrate meeting the safeguarding standards required for the juniors under its care
- The club has a trained Welfare Officer
- The club’s junior coaches have been DBS checked, they are insured and have the right level of qualification appropriate for coaching juniors
- Parents and Guardians can search for a club that has reached an appropriate standard of Duty of Care that meets national guidelines
- The club demonstrates to local facility providers that children under their care are properly supervised whilst using its facilities.
To apply or find out further information on TriMark Club Accreditation please follow this link.
TriMark Club Accreditation is also highly recommended for adult clubs to substantiate good management, governance and support to potential club members.