The South Central Region is hosting a series of Skills School days for coaches and young triathletes.
We are looking for coaches who want to find opportunities to develop their coaching with junior clubs and share their experiences with others. And we are looking for young triathletes aged 8 to 16 years of age who want to learn more about the sport whilst having fun. So if you are a coach, a young triathlete or a parent please get in touch.
Skills School is British Triathlon’s first Coaching Development programme. Coaches are invited to attend the session to gain new ideas and support in applying the new Skills School materials, the framework and principles within their own club environments. The coaches , supported by Di Murray, the Skills School Lead Coach in the region, deliver sessions in swim, bike, run, transitions to suit your young athletes needs. We follow the Athlete Development Framework and challenge young triathletes to try out new ideas to develop themselves and have fun.
We have the following dates ready to go within the region. All are being delivered in clubs but if you are interested as attending as a coach please get in touch with Di.
- 22nd March 2018 - Farnham Tri Club - Lord Wandsworth College (closed session) focusing on open water swim tactics
- 21st April 2018 - Beachborough School , Brackley (closed session) focusing on Bike, Transition and movement skills
- 28th April 2018 Guernsey (closed session) focusing on swim, bike run and transitions
We have Skills School available at Moors Valley Country Park near Ringwood, Hampshire, which are 1 hour sessions, taking place in the park, aimed at developing bike and run with some transition practice too. These will be available to book soon but dates for your diaries are:
- 4th/ 11th & 18th June 2018 6.30-7.30pm - Click here for more details
- 2nd / 16th & 30th July - 6.30-7.30pm
- 20-22nd Aug 9.30-10.30am
If you are interested in hosting a Skills School day in your club or want to get involved please get in touch.
For more information contact Di Murray on directly on email@example.com