Level 1 coaches qualified prior to October 2016 are classed as Assistant Coaches. The Level 1 qualification has been revised from this date, and will allow a coach to lead and deliver (pre-planned) sessions or plan basic sessions (reviewed by a higher qualified triathlon coach) in a range of club environments.
A “bridging” process has been created to allow existing Level 1 Assistant Coaches to upgrade to the new qualification remit. This will be awarded directly by British Triathlon.
There will be no requirement for practical assessment or course attendance. There will be a small administration fee to cover assessment and support costs
- Learners will be given access to all new materials
- Approximately 10-14 hours of home study to complete.
- Assessment will be online and feedback via email or phone.
- On closure of course booking, candidates will be contacted by a course tutor with further guidance (course closure date can be found on the booking page)
- Hold a Level 1 qualification certified pre October 2016.
- 18 years of age on completion.
- Hold a Home Nation Coach Membership
- Triathlon Scotland Level 1 coaches operate under a different remit- contact Triathlon Scotland Coaching Team for for further guidance
- Access to a computer for on line study and assessment.
- Non UK residents should contact the coaching team for guidance.
This course is now only released on demand when we reach minimum numbers - please email the coaching team to register an interest.