Learners are supported via the educators on the course in the following methods
- Group online webinar sessions
- Individual feedback sessions.
- Final review and feedback session.
- Updates via forums
- Online support through the hub and email.
If you feel you will need any additional support or have specific needs please contact us prior to signing up for a course, we will discuss this to ensure a fair learning process and potentially apply for adjustments with the awarding body. We are always happy to help and look at how we can support you. We understand some elements may appear difficult- often with a short chat we can reassure learners and find a route that works for them.
English Language skills
All courses are delivered in English, and the awarding body for level 1 and 2 state that all learners must have a good standard of spoken and written language skills. Unfortunately, no adjustment can be made in assessments. Any questions regarding courses in the Welsh language should be directed to Welsh Triathlon.
Our courses are open to all, however we would suggest that any overseas student considers the following before applying:
- Covid 19- during the pandemic we strongly suggest that any overseas candidates delay booking onto a level 1 or 2 coaching qualification course until 2022 at the earliest. Whilst the online elements can be completed anywhere- you are still required to attend the practical elements . Currently travel is extremly challenging and how this could change will impact your ability to attend. We will be unable to refund or transfer candidates who cannot attend due to overseas travel restrictions ( subject to normal T & C)
- British Triathlon courses are designed to meet the requirements of coaching within the British Triathlon home nations - specifically around the club structure. Will the course outcomes meet the needs of coaching in your home country?
- Does your own country offer coach education?
- Will our qualification be recognised and can you gain insurance? British Triathlon insurance cover only applies to coaches who are UK residents.
- Can you access an ITU approved course through your own National Federation?
- Additional travel and accommodation costs.- can you get to the practical venues once in the country.
- Level 2 diploma- this course is now fully online- and can be accessed by overseas students- however we suggest that you review potential insurance cover prior to starting this course as BTF membership cover will not cover you.