The High Performing Coach Programme has been designed to revolutionise the way British Triathlon currently develops coaches, informed by the latest research in adult learning and coach education and based on over 10 years’ experience of delivering the qualification.
The programme focuses on coach and athlete development, supporting individuals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The ethos for the course is that it is coach-centred, with a strong emphasis on challenging existing knowledge and developing further understanding through a culture of collaboration and shared experience. The coaches take full responsibility for their personal development, whilst receiving full support and guidance from a carefully selected team of the world-leading coach developers and mentors.
The HPCP will help support a coach's pathway whilst working in their chosen domain, examples of this include, but not limited to:
- 1:1 coaching; Squad/ Group environments; Head Coaches; with an interest in any of the following domains: Age-Group, child, talent development, performance or paratriathlon;
The HPCP is open to level 2 qualified coaches that meet the set criteria (below) and wish to take that next step to develop their learning, empower their athletes whilst challenging and creating a programme that aims to motivate, inspire and educate.
The cost of the course is £1,500, split in to two equal payments and is delivered across 8 days (4 weekends).
How to ApplyApply Here
Applications for 2023 cohorts are open.
To apply for the High Performing Coaching Programme 2023 Cohort, please complete the written application form alongside a short video using the guidance notes included. Should you have any queries please contact the coaching team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please record a short video (maximum 5 minutes) commencing with your name, a short introduction about you, touching on the following points below:
- What do you love about coaching triathlon?
- What do you find challenging about coaching triathlon?
- How if at all do you seek feedback on your current coaching practice?
- If we asked other coaches in your network what would they say about you?
- If you were to be successful with your application, what would you like to gain from the High Performing Coach Programme?
Once recorded, please save the video as your name (by renaming the file) and submit your video using the link emailed to you after application submission.
2023 Course Dates and Entry Requirements
Triathlon England HPCP Cohort 11 Loughborough
British Triathlon, Michael Pearson East, 1 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF
- Pre-workshop: Wednesday 4th October - 6pm (Online via Zoom)
- Workshop 1 and 2: 21st & 22nd October 2023
- Workshop 3 and 4: 9th & 10th December 2023
- Workshop 5 and 6: 24th & 25th February 2024
- Workshop 7 and 8: 27th & 28th April 2024
Triathlon England HPCP Cohort 12
Oxfordshire - Piddington
- Pre-workshop: TBC (Online via Zoom)
- Workshop 1 and 2: TBC - 20th & 21st January 2024
- Workshop 3 and 4: TBC - 16th & 17th March 2024
- Workshop 5 and 6: TBC - 1st & 2nd June 2024
- Workshop 7 and 8: TBC - 7th & 8th September 2024
• British Triathlon Coach Core or Ultimate Membership
• Hold a British Triathlon or a 1st4Sport Level 2 Triathlon Coaching Certificate
• Must be able to attend all four workshop weekends
• Accept the terms and conditions of the HPCP.
|Post Level 2||Post Level 2 Diploma|
|2 years coaching experience (Triathlon) evidence of all three disciplines being coached (suggested 6+ hours per week)||1 years coaching, Pathway coach, Academy coach expected 10-20 hours per week. Face to face and virtual.|
|Currently coaching 6+ hours per week in person||Currently coaching 6+ hours per week in person, may include one to one coaching|
|Video of applicant outlining their coaching experience and supporting statement from club, group or other coach||Video of applicant outlining their coaching experience and supporting statement from club, group or other coach|
|Committed to long term professional development (evidenced), strong intrinsic coaching motivation, self driven, open to learning, and challenging own personal experiences||Committed to long term professional development (evidenced), strong intrinsic coaching motivation, self driven, open to learning, and challenging own personal experiences|
|Understanding and knowledge of participation or competitive triathlon||Understanding and knowledge of participation or competitive triathlon|
|Post Level 2 or L2 diploma|
|Club leadership position or pathway coach e.g. Head Coach/Coach Coordinator in a community club, Regional Academy Coach|
|Other Triathlon specific professional development courses such as Strength and Conditioning, Open Water swimming|
|Coaching in other sports|