We are a community club but operate with a sponsor as our club name, which category do we fall into?
If you are advertising or promoting a business through your club name you will be deemed as a Commercial Club.
Can commercial clubs use ClubSpark?
Yes, commercial clubs will also be able to use ClubSpark and all its modules.
Does the same structure apply to Schools, Colleges and Universities?
If you are a university, college or school you will be deemed as a closed club. Therefore, you will pay the same fees as a closed club depending on the number of declared members taking part in triathlon.
Can we pay by Direct Debit?
Unfortunately, we are not able to take payment by Direct Debit.
Clubs can make payment in the following ways:
- Credit/Debit - card payment online by logging into their Club Management area on the British Triathlon website.
- BACS transfer (please use your club name and ID number as a reference for this)
- Account Name: The British Triathlon Federation
- Sort code: 40-30-24
- Account number: 42263572
- Cheque - please make payable to British Triathlon, include your club name and ID on the reverse of the cheque and post to PO Box 25, Loughborough, LE11 3WX
Can we update our details?
What is the role of the Club Welfare Officer?
Everyone who participates in triathlon is entitled to participate in a safe and fun environment and to be given the chance to experience the feelings of enjoyment, challenge and achievement that are inherent to the sport.
British Triathlon is firmly committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all young people to take part in triathlon. It accepts its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all young people and protect them from poor practice, abuse and bullying.
The main purpose of the Club Welfare Officer is to implement good practice, safeguarding and child protection policies within the club and act as the first point of contact for individuals who have queries or concerns. The British Triathlon safeguarding policy and procedures along with additional help, advice and guidance can be found on our website under safeguarding.
It is a mandatory requirement that clubs with junior members under the age of 18 or adults at risk that affiliate to British Triathlon must have a Welfare Officer appointed.
We are a new club with no British Triathlon Level 2 or Group Coaches, and no existing clubs near to us. Do establishing clubs have a grace period of delivery while our club develops, and our coaches upskill to the next level?
British Triathlon appreciate for some clubs starting up, they might not have the appropriately qualified coaches from the outset. If this is impacting, you and your club please contact the coaching team for support. firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I progress from the old Level 1 Coaching course?
Should you wish to continue your coaching journey from the old L1 qualification you will transition into the Group Coach to continue your qualification development expanding your learning, knowledge and coaching remit.
Why can a foundation coach do less than a level 1?
Our old qualifications have come to an end. Our research, insight and sector standards highlighted the L1 is no longer fit for purpose. We want to make our coaching pathway accessible providing a solid entry into coaching building skills and knowledge.
Why is everything changing?
We need to make changes due to numerous factors:
- Project 21 provide us with insight into our current offer and the need for change.
- Feedback from the old qualifications by Internal and External Verifies, tutors and coaches attending our qualifications showed there is too much on the old qualification.
- Participation products will now also be aligned to Awards and Qualifications from the outset.
- Changes in the sector increasing education standards in coaching.
- CIMSPA standards have launched to improve coaching standards.
- To ensure we are fit for the future with our learning.
Collectively this brings everything to life from our Education and Learning Strategic Framework 2022 -2027.